Friday, October 21, 2011

Ready for the 24-Hour Read-a-Thon

So, I'm ready. I have my books. I have my snacks. Now I just have to get to sleep so I can get up and read. I will be updating this post, but probably less than once an hour. I'll also be cheerleading for part, so I hope to see how some of the rest of you are doing on your blogs. Sleep well and happy reading. It's going to be fun!

Oct 22, 9am: hour 1 read 50 pages of The Haunting of Hill House. Ready for hour 2!

10am: Read 114 pages of Ghostgirl: Homecoming by Tonya Hurley. I had started that one before, so it's done! Hour 2 was great. Now that's it warmed up a bit, I'm going to move over to the sun porch where it's quieter. I'm also thinking a snack is in order. On to hour 3!

11am: Read 50 pages of Meg Cabot's 1-800-WHERE-R-You book Sanctuary. I think this is book 3 in the series. I'm reading them out of order. Maybe book 4. Anyway, it's really good and easy to read. This hour I'm cheerleading for Team Cocoa Puffs. Go puffs! See you on the other side.

12:45: I was cheering for the past 1 1/2 hours. Yeah team Cocoa Puffs! People are getting through a lot of good books. Now for some lunch and a walk outside. With audiobook, of course.

3:00 Wow, time flies. Since the last post I got 50 more pages into Sanctuary and finished 4 Richard Matheson short stories on audio: "Buried Talents," "The Near Departed," "Prey," "Witch War," and "Dance of the Dead." They were all really bad. I think I have to switch my audio selection. Now starts the serious reading.

4:45 Finished one book! Sanctuary by Meg Cabot. I got through 131 pages in that stretch. Now I need some aspirin for my headache. i think I'm going to go for another walk before the sun sets and then read some graphic novels. Now on my player: Crossing Over by Anna Kendall aka Nancy Dress. Read by Simon Vance. Simon will take all my pains away. Stay focused!

7:30 Finished another book! The graphic novel Amulet: Book 2 by Kazu Kibuishi. I liked this one better than the first in the series. There are a lot of good Star Wars references. I also wanted to add this photo of the graphic novels I have around and may or may not finish in the next 12 hours. Next up: some Philip K Dick short stories, Minority Report and Other Classics. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to cheer me on! It really is inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment