Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's (almost) Monday, what are you reading? - 3



It's Monday is the brainchild of the incomparable Sheila from Book Journey.

This week I started Murder, Monsters and Mayhem at Jenn's Bookshelves, and RIP at Stainless Steel Droppings. I tackled a lot of nice and scary Halloween books and got some good recommendations for more.


I had a lot of fun with The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. The Death Cure, book 3, comes out on Tuesday, Oct 11!

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Johnny and the Dead by Terry Pratchett since I didn't care as much for the first book in the series, Only You Can Save Mankind.

The action-adventure dystopian novel Children of Paranoia was not for me, but I know many people who really enjoyed its fast pace and realistic setting. I even got into a little discussion with the author over on Goodreads.

October 7 was Ada Lovelace Day, in celebration of the amazing woman who developed first computer program in 1842 and died when she was only 36. I celebrated by reading steampunk webcomics.


I just finished The Passage by Justin Cronin on audio, and it wasn't until I was done that I realized I was listening to the abridged version. I feel like I got the gist of the story, though I might have to tackle the 37 hour unabridged version before book 2 comes out this summer.

I'm just past half way on The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. Love Steven Vance's narration!

When I'm not listening, I'm reading The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson to get another take on living in the country and tackling the huge doorstop of The Walking Dead Compendium One.

Ooh, spooky! Feels like fall.


This week I changed my comments system. I think all the comments were saved, but it looks the links to your great avatar photos were lost. I hope your avatars show up in the comments today. They're so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment