Saturday, October 22, 2011

Read-a-thon updates

Here are my final read-a-thon totals.
Started and finished: 2 books (750 pages) and 2 graphic novels (361p)
Sanctuary by Meg Cabot, The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness, Amulet #2, Runaways #4
Finished (started earlier) 1 book (114p)
Ghostgirl #2
Started (didn't finish) 1 book (50p), 1 graphic novel (32p)
The Haunting of Hill House, Mr Punch
Listened to 5 short stories and 1 audiobook disk
Robert Matheson, Crossing Over


Total pages read: 1307!

I am very impressed with myself. Good showing. I'm especially glad to have read The Ask and the Answer. That was one that I tried in audio, and that didn't work for me, but I wasn't finding the time to read it in paper version.

Thanks to all the organizers and everyone who stopped by! Sleep well!

End of the read-a-thon!  Whew, this last hour was killer. I listened to my audiobook Crossing Over. I had a great time reading! I'm so glad I participated.

I finished 4 books, 5 short stories, read tons of pages and had fun. Can't wait until spring!

6:00 am Only 2 hours left! I just finished Runaways #4: True Believers by Brian K Vaughan. I think that's 4 books down! What to read next? I think I have to take the audiobook out for another walk. Keep strong!

5:00 Time flies! Still going strong. I'm reading Runaways #4 and loving it. Had a great yoga workout for the challenge. I tried to doctor some zombie bookcovers, but photoshop is not my strong suit.

3:00 Beautiful outside. So many stars! Fresh air woke me up and time to cheer! Let's see who's still up.


2:30 Finally finished The Ask and the Answer. A little too much torture for me, so I'm glad I'm done. Looks like the third book is about war. I always like the first books in these series the best. They have small, personal challenges instead of world and universe-wide issues to solve. Oh well.

Time for a walk to clear my head and then on to the graphic novels. Onward!

1:00 Another 100 pages down. Oh no, I'm starting to get tired. Not a good sign. Two more hours and I should be done with this book. Then on to some cheering!

Midnight! Time to open the wine! Another 100 pages down on The Ask and the Answer. I'm waiting for it to move on to the next part of the story. I may need to do another walkabout after 1 to get some of the kinks out.



11:00 Got in 100 more pages of TAATA. What's going to happen next?!?

I also looked up some vocab words that I ran across this morning:
miscegenation (from 1-800-WHERE-R-YOU) = interracial marriage
atavistic (from The Haunting of Hill House) = evolutionary throwback


9:30 update: Mr. PK Dick wasn't doing it for me, so I switched to The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness, and it's cruising. Down 71 pages. I'd tried to listen to this one before, but that did not go well. This kind of YA can be read so much faster than it can be listened to, and it kind of dragged in audio. I really liked the first one in audio. But there are so many thoughts and asides that it's easier to understand written down. I'm off to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment