Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankfully Weekend Wrap-up and It's Monday - 9


I am very thankful to Jenn for hosting the Thankfully Reading Weekend. I'm glad I got to spend so much time reading, and enjoyed myself immensely! I read a bunch of graphic novels -

Kimmy66 by Aaron Alexovich
The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci & Jim Rugg
The Guild by Felicia Day & Jim Rugg.
I also got caught up on my Guild watching. Looks like there are going to be some exciting changes in season 6. Fun!

On Saturday I went to see a local production of Hamlet and have been quoting it ever since.

I got some reviews posted, which was my real goal for the weekend -
Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel
Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett
The Land of Laughs by Jonathan Carroll 
And the final touch, Neil himself (Neil Gaiman) re-tweeted me - twice, so I got a few extra visits to my Land of Laughs review. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it.

Before Thanksgiving I participated in my first Shaken and Not Stirred group audiobook listen and movie watch of Dr. No. I liked the book much more than the movie. I even won an audio copy of the next book, Goldfinger, from Blackstone Audio! I'm looking forward to listening to that and watching the movie in Januaray. Thanks to Jen from Literate Housewife and Tanya from Blackstone.

This week I plan to finish my graphic novel holiday leftovers, Good as Lily by Derek Kirk Kim and Jesse Ham (update- finished!) and The Drops of God, the maga about wine, by Tadashi Agi and Shu Okimoto. I'm listening to A Hat Full of Sky, the second Tiffany Aching book by Terry Pratchett (update - finished!).

This week I'm planning on participating in the Advent with Austen with Reading Fueled by Tea. The Sunday movie tweetfest is Bride and Prejudice. Since Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book, I'm sorry I missed out on the movie this Sunday. Can't wait to participate next week!

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment