Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Monday What Are You Reading? 7

It's Monday! Is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. Thanks, Sheila!

This week I was traveling, so I only got my October recap posted. October was a great month.

So far November is shaping up into Time Travel month. Several of the books I've been listening to have (unknown to me when I chose them) included time travel. I'll have to keep up the theme. This week I put in a lot of listening. Reviews coming!

1Q84 by Haruki Murakami - travel between parallel- worlds Japan
Johnny and the Bomb by Terry Pratchett - kids travel to 1941 Britain
Timesplash by Graham Storhhs - Time travel in the future for fun and profit.
Immortality, Inc by Robert Sheckley - Time travel for profit, but not for fun. 1959 Hugo award nominee.
Zoo City by Lauren Beukes - Alternate-reality present day South Africa with daemon animals, like in The Golden Compass, only neo-noir.


And some non-time travel books:
Emiko Superstar by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Rolston - Great graphic novel about a girl finding her wild side.
Snuff by Terry Pratchett - no time travel, but fun Pride and Prejudice references!

What have you been reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment