Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's Monday, what are you reading! - 8

It's almost Monday again. Thanks go out to Sheila from Book Journey for hosing It's Monday!

I had a great week. I listened to a lot of new books and got some reviews in that had been on the shelf.

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi - Living on the edge in a dystopian future
Immortality, Inc by Robert Sheckley - a view of 2110 from 1958
Zoo City by Lauren Bleukes - South African fantasy noir mystery
Timesplash by Graham Storrs - a new kind of time travel
Emiko Superstar by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Rolston - a great graphic novel about being your own star
Mini reviews of Snuff by Terry Pratchett, Crossed by Ally Condie, and September Society by Charles Finch - I liked the Victorian mystery September Society the best out of these three

I'm almost caught up on my reviews. I only have to post for:
Johnny and the Bomb by Terry Pratchett - his time travel children's story
Amulet series 1-3 by Kazu Kibuishi - the Star Wars references are not my imagination
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami - this one's scarred me, but hopefully I can get over it soon. I used to like the moon

This week I'm determined to finish
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch - I've tried this one twice so far, but third time's the charm!

I'm also going to participate in I am a Reader, Not a Writer's Gratitude Giveaway Hop starting on Thursday. My last hop went really well, so I hope to find a bunch of new blogs from this one, too.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment