Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankfully Reading this weekend

Happy weekend everyone! Instead of shopping, today I will be reading along with Jenn and all the participants in the Thankfully Reading Weekend. If you want to join in, you can sign up and post your progress anytime through the 27th.

Today I am thankful for my local library. I was extra thankful last week when I found out I could have a card from the library the next county over. They have a much larger system with branches in several small towns. I took a ride to one town I'd never been to before and was able to pick up a bunch of graphic novels I've been wanting to read. The town also has a Goodwill where I got some more books, so it was a a great find.

Scores from the library included
American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang,

The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg

Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel, and
The Eternal Smile by Gene Luen Yang and Derek Kirk Kim.

From PaperbackSwap.com I was lucky to receive
Good as Lily by Derek Kirk Kim and Jesse Hamm,
Kimmie 66 by Aaron Alexovich, and
The Guild by Felieca Day and Jimm Rugg.

Then I broke down and bought The Drops of God by Tadashi Agi and Shu Okimoto. It's the only true manga on my pile that reads from right to left.

I've gotten a jump start on Thankfully Reading and already gone through some of these, so I plan to spend the weekend reading the rest and writing up reviews.

It's a beautiful day out, so I plan to take some walks while listening to Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett and maybe get one of the books on sale at Audible this weekend for $4.95.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment