Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's Monday - 10

It's Monday is hosted by the lovely and talented Sheila from Book Journey.

I've taken a bit of a blogging break for most of December. I've been listening to middle books of series  and other things that I want to catch up on but don't need a review. I've also been thinking about the blog for next year and putting books on my challenge lists. It's been very productive for me, but doesn't show up as much here. This is my first It's Monday I've done in December, so a little update.

In December I read three excellent graphic novels from Minx:

The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci,
kimmie66 by Aaron Alexovich and
Re-Gifters by Mike Carey.
And best of all, I got to meet most of these authors and illustrators on twitter, an extra treat.


I listened to some great audiobooks, although some I didn't care for as much:
Envy by Gregg Olson
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner
Reversing Over Liberace by Jane Lovering

I received a fabulous Blogger Swap package from Danielle at Mercurial Musings. And I tried to help out a fellow blogger on where to start with audiobooks.

This week I'm catching up on old Dresden Files, listening to Space Captain Smith, and I found this amazing graphic novel at the library: Hereville: How Mirka Got Her Sword. She's an orthodox Jewish Girl who fights dragons. Perfect for Christmas! What are you reading?





No comments:

Post a Comment