Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In my mailbox

IMM is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. She's got some good books this week!

I am still reveling over the fact that back I'm in a country with English-language bookstores. And don't get me started on Goodwill. Many books found their way into my house this week.

From Books-A-Million I filled some holes in my Scott Westerfield shelf with Pretties and Behemoth. Goliath comes out soon, and I'm not caught up! Pretties and Peeps are my favorite Westerfelds, so when I saw Pretties on sale, I had to scoop it up. I got Uglies from the thrift store last week.

Paperbackswap.com is my go-to place for books not in the library. This week I am the proud recipient of Code name Cassandra by Meg Cabot, the second in the 1-800-Where-R-You series. I read it in one night. A classic. So good! I also got A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James. This is a retelling of Cinderella. I really liked When Beauty Tamed the Beast, the second in the series, and can't wait to start this.

Excellent scores from Goodwill. The Shadow of the Wind from Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This one looks really good. And my personal favorite, Saturn: The Ringed Beauty by Isaac Asimov. This book makes me happy every time I see it. I want the whole set.

No comments:

Post a Comment